The association currently awards scholarships annually to four high school seniors to be used toward their pursuit of higher education. Awards are divided equally between the eastern and western regions of North Carolina. The basic guidelines are as follows:
- The applicant must have participated in varsity high school softball her senior year AND varsity or junior varsity softball as a junior.
- The applicant must have applied to and received an official letter of acceptance from a legitimate public or private two or four year college or university and made an official commitment to attend said institution, or legitimately be in the process of doing so.
- The applicant may not be the recipient of any type of college or university athletic scholarship, softball or otherwise.
- The recipient must be an entering freshman, registering for classes any time during the next school year following her high school graduation.
- Applicants are not required to have participated in a program whose coach is an association member. However, the Scholarship Committee is free to use this as a factor in determining award priority.
A limit of ONE application will be accepted from each school.
Applications must be submitted through the high school’s head softball coach.
Application deadline has been extended until May 12th.
2020 Scholarship Winners
Elisabeth Collie Southern Nash High School Appalachian State
Kelli Westerbeek East Duplin High School Campbell University
Ivy Ray Ledford High School Greensboro College
Karley Bailey Chase High Western Carolina