The association currently awards scholarships annually to four high school seniors to be used toward their pursuit of higher education. Awards are divided equally between the eastern and western regions of North Carolina. The basic guidelines are as follows:
- The applicant must have participated in varsity high school softball her senior year AND varsity or junior varsity softball as a junior.
- The applicant must have applied to and received an official letter of acceptance from a legitimate public or private two or four year college or university and made an official commitment to attend said institution, or legitimately be in the process of doing so.
- The applicant may not be the recipient of any type of college or university athletic scholarship, softball or otherwise.
- The recipient must be an entering freshman, registering for classes any time during the next school year following her high school graduation.
- Applicants are not required to have participated in a program whose coach is an association member. However, the Scholarship Committee is free to use this as a factor in determining award priority.
A limit of ONE application will be accepted from each school.
Applications must be submitted through the high school’s head softball coach.
The 2019 Scholarship Application will be available after the 2019 teams are formed.
2018 Scholarship Winners
Chelsea Jones Purnell Swett High School Robeson Community College
Hannah Thompson Richlands High School Salem College
Miranda Boone R-S Central High School Appalachian State University
Carlie Mote Jordan Matthews High School Greensboro College