The association currently awards scholarships annually to four high school seniors to be used in their pursuit of higher education. Awards are divided equally between the eastern and western regions of North Carolina. The basic guidelines are as follows:
- The applicant must have participated in varsity high school softball her senior year AND varsity or junior varsity softball as a junior.
- The applicant must have applied to and received an official letter of acceptance from a legitimate public or private two or four year college or university and made an official commitment to attend said institution, or legitimately be in the process of doing so.
- The applicant may not be the recipient of any type of college or university athletic scholarship, softball or otherwise.
- The recipient must be an entering freshman, registering for classes any time during the next school year following her high school graduation.
- Applicants are not required to have participated in a program whose coach is an association member. However, the Scholarship Committee is free to use this as a factor in determining award priority.
Applications must be submitted through the high school’s head softball coach.
A limit of ONE application will be accepted from each school.
Download the 2023 scholarship application here.
Our 2023 scholarship application will be made available after teams are formed in 2023.
2022 Scholarship Winners
Madeline Ford Green Level High School University of Florida
Amanda Blackburn Gray’s Creek High School Methodist University
Macie Bell East Wilkes High School Ferrum College
Jada Spake Bandy’s High School Coastal Carolina University